Trading Region Upgrade Service
Pilot phase 2018/2019
The Trading Region Upgrade (TRU) service is a new specially designed service to connect the Austrian and the Czech gas markets directly. The service is provided by the Austrian and the Czech Transmission System Operators Gas Connect Austria and NET4GAS.
As of 01 October 2018, 06:00 CE(S)T, TRU entitles network users, who have succeeded in the TRU auction, to send an exit nomination from the Czech market area which is immediately matched with entry into the Austrian Market Area East, and vice versa.
Within the scope of the 1-year pilot phase, the TRU service has been offered first as a yearly service with a quantity of 112,686 kWh/h out of which 90,000 kWh/h has been sold in the direction from the Czech Republic to Austria.
Following this, the TRU service has been offered in form of quarterly auctions. In the 1st quarterly auction, a quantity of 22,000 kWh/h was sold from the Czech Republic to Austria for the second and third quarter of 2019.
Gas Connect Austria and NET4GAS will during the pilot phase offer the remaining TRU service quantity as quarterly and monthly service in the auctions in line with the auction calendar available below.
As of 31 October 2018 Gas Connect Austria and NET4GAS offer the TRU service additionally on day-ahead basis via the PRISMA booking platform.
What are the benefits for TRU customers?
- TRU facilitates cross-border transmission and access to both market areas
- TRU simplifies transactions, i.a. through establishing a One Stop Shop
- TRU reduces transaction costs
- TRU increases trading flexibility
- TRU mitigates potential risks as regards capacities and allocation by the combination of necessary separate capacities into one booking procedure
How to take part in the TRU quarterly or monthly auction?
For the direction CZ → AT
- TRU in the direction from the Czech Republic to Austria is marketed by NET4GAS.
- A signed General Transmission Contract with NET4GAS is a precondition to participate in the TRU auction.
- The TRU Terms and Conditions can be found in Section F of the Network Code.
- Multiple bids (up to ten per quarterly or monthly auction) can be placed within one bidding form.
- The bidding window and offered quantity are specified in the TRU Service Bidding Form below that shall be completed, signed and sent to:
Na Hřebenech II 1718/8
140 21 Praha 4
Department: Commercial Management
For further details on TRU monthly and quarterly auction procedure, please, see the Announcement of the TRU 2nd quarterly auction and the Announcement of the TRU monthly auction December 2018.
How to take part in the TRU day-ahead auction on PRISMA?
For the direction CZ → AT
- Ensure that you are an activated network user, i.e. able to participate in auctions of NET4GAS at PRISMA platform.
- Choose the network point name “TRU CZ -> AT”.
Specific information on the TRU day-ahead auction can be found below.
TRU in the direction from Austria to the Czech Republic is marketed by Gas Connect Austria. Detailed information can be found on the Austrian TSO website.
Further general information on the TRU service are available in the TRU Information Sheet (issued before the yearly auction).
For any other questions you may have about the TRU service and the auction procedure, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Client & Contract Management team
+420 220 224 584
+420 220 225 329
+420 220 225 350
+420 220 225 370
Gas Connect Austria:
Please be informed that for the purpose of fulfilling reporting obligations, in particular according to paragraph 14 number 2 of the Austrian gas monitoring ordinance 2017 (“Gas-Monitoring-Verordnung 2017”), in case of TRU usage you are kindly requested to use the Baumgarten WAG point.
- TRU Information Sheet
- Announcement of TRU day ahead auction
- Auction calendar for monthly and quarterly TRU
- Announcement of the TRU monthly auction March 2019