Trading Region Upgrade Service
Start of the pilot phase 2018/2019
Trading Region Upgrade (TRU) is a new specially designed service to connect the Austrian and the Czech gas markets directly. The service is provided by the Austrian and the Czech Transmission System Operators Gas Connect Austria and NET4GAS.
As of 01 October 2018, 06:00 CE(S)T, TRU entitles network users, who have succeeded in the TRU auction, to send an exit nomination from the Czech market area which is immediately matched with entry into the Austrian Market Area East, and vice versa.
What are the benefits for TRU customers?
- TRU facilitates cross-border transmission and access to both market areas
- TRU simplifies transactions, i.a. through establishing a One Stop Shop
- TRU reduces transaction costs
- TRU increases trading flexibility
- TRU mitigates potential risks as regards capacities and allocation by the combination of necessary separate capacities into one booking procedure
For further details, please, see the TRU Service Information Sheet.
How to take part in the TRU auction procedure?
For the direction CZ → AT
- TRU in the direction from the Czech Republic to Austria is marketed by NET4GAS.
- In the one-year pilot phase, NET4GAS will offer a quantity of 112,686 kWh/h from the Czech Republic to Austria. The bidding window for delivery of the completed bidding form will be open from 02 July 2018 09:00 CE(S)T until 16 July 2018 17:00 CE(S)T.
- A signed General Transmission Contract with NET4GAS is a precondition to participate in the TRU auction.
- The TRU Terms and Conditions can be found in Section F, Article 20 of the Network Code.
- Multiple bids (up to ten) can be placed within one bidding form.
- Completed and signed bidding form is to be sent to:
Na Hřebenech II 1718/8
140 21 Praha 4
Department: Commercial Operations
TRU in the direction from Austria to the Czech Republic is marketed by Gas Connect Austria. Detailed information can be found on the Austrian TSO website.
For any other questions you may have about TRU and the auction procedure, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Client & Contract Management team
+420 220 224 584
+420 220 225 329
+420 220 225 350
+420 220 225 370
Gas Connect Austria: