Prices for gas transmission in the Czech Republic are regulated and set for a given calendar year under a Price Decision of the Energy Regulatory Office. The gas transmission price consists of the following components for all entry and exit points of the transmission system:
- Firm component per MWh of booked capacity, and
- Variable component calculated based on the price per MWh of transmitted gas.
Following the implementation of Commission Regulation (EU) 2017/460 of 16 March 2017 (NC TAR), two Price Decisions for a given calendar year are issued starting in 2018:
- A Price Decision laying down prices for the transmission system's border points and storages is issued no later than 30 days before the annual transmission capacity auction, that is by the end of May of the preceding year, and
- A Price Decision laying down other regulated prices for the gas market is usually issued by the end of November of the preceding year.
For the transmission system's border points, the regulated firm price for booked capacity is equal to the starting price in the transmission capacity auction.
Price decisions currently in effect
Price decisions for 2021 and 2022
- Price Decision No. 4/2019 dated 4 June 2020
The Price Decision lays down fixed regulated prices for border points of the transmission system for the calendar year of 2021 and will be effective as of 1 January 2021.
- Price Decision No. 8/2020 dated 27 November 2020
The Price Decision lays down the variable price component for border points, regulated prices for virtual gas storage points, distributors and customers directly connected to the transmission system for the calendar year of 2021.
- Price Decision No. 3/2021 dated 27 May 2021
The Price Decision lays down fixed regulated prices for border points of the transmission system for the calendar year of 2022.
Detailed information on regulated prices is available in sections pertaining to prices for:
- Transmission system border points
- Virtual gas storage points
- Supply points of end customers connected to the transmission system
The cost of gas transmission for specific entry and exit points to and from the Czech transmission system can be simulated using the price calculator.