Prices for gas storage facilities
Customers using gas storage facilities in the Czech Republic book:
- Transmission capacity with NET4GAS for the transmission of gas to and from gas storage facilities using the tryGAS system, and
- Storage capacity, injectability, and deliverability with the storage system operator for gas delivered to and from the storage facility. Bookings are made in auctions organized by the applicable storage system operator.
The transmission capacity price consists of firm and variable components that are listed in Article 8 of the Price Decision No. 7/2021 dated 30 November 2021, while firm components being changed in the Price Decision No. 2/2022 dated 10 May 2022.
Firm price component
- The firm annual prices for booked firm transmission capacity (Cz) for the entry and exit points of virtual gas storage are changed by the Price Decision No. 2/2022 dated 10 May 2022. For 2022, being in legal force from 10 May 2022, the firm annual price for virtual gas storage points per 1 MWh of booked daily firm transmission capacity for one calendar year is equal to:
- CZK 0 per MWh per day for entry points to the transmission system (delivery from storage facilities), and
- CZK 0 per MWh per day for exit points from the transmission system (injection into storage facilities).
Variable price component
The variable price component applies only to exit points of the transmission system to the virtual gas storage and according to the Article 8.1 of the Price Decision No. 7/2021 dated 30 November 2021 for the year 2022 it is equal to CZK 0.74 per MWh nominated for transmission via a given exit point from the transmission system.