Prices for gas storage facilities
Customers using gas storage facilities in the Czech Republic book:
- Transmission capacity with NET4GAS for the transmission of gas to and from gas storage facilities using the tryGAS system, and
- Storage capacity, injectability, and deliverability with the storage system operator for gas delivered to and from the storage facility. Bookings are made in auctions organized by the applicable storage system operator.
The transmission capacity price consists of firm and variable components.
Firm price component
- The firm annual prices for booked firm transmission capacity (Cz) for the entry and exit points of virtual gas storage are listed in Part Two, Articles 3.1. and 3.2. of the Price Decision No. 1/2019 dated 21 May 2019. For 2020, the firm annual price for virtual gas storage points per 1 MWh of booked daily firm transmission capacity for one calendar year is equal to:
- CZK 109.69 per MWh per day for entry points to the transmission system (delivery from storage facilities), and
- CZK 930.79 per MWh per day for exit points from the transmission system (injection into storage facilities).
- Multipliers applied to the annual rates for setting monthly, daily, and within-day prices and formulas for the calculation of these prices are listed in Articles 3.2.1., 3.2.2. a 3.2.3. The following values apply in 2020:
The firm price for monthly firm transmission capacity CZM in CZK per MWh per day is calculated using the following formula:
CZM = Cz x Fz
Booking duration factor for a transmission capacity booking, where the following applies:
FZ = Mz/12 for a booking of 12 months and longer
FZ = 0.098 x Mz0.95 for a booking of 11 months and less
Number of months for which firm monthly transmission capacity is booked
The firm price for daily firm transmission capacity CZD in CZK per MWh per day is calculated using the following formula:
CZD = Cz x FD
Factor of the number of gas days of the duration of a transmission capacity booking, where the following applies:
FD = 0.005 x d0.88
"d" is the number of days for which firm daily transmission capacity is booked for day-ahead firm transmission capacity; "d" is equal to 1.
The firm price for within-day firm transmission capacity CZV in CZK per MWh per day is calculated using the following formula:
CZV = Cz x 0.01
Variable price component
The variable price component applies only to exit points from virtual gas storage and in the year 2020 is equal to CZK 0.3 per MWh nominated for transmission via a given exit point from the transmission system.