The Asset Maintenance Department of NET4GAS has a team of employees with many years of accumulated know-how in performing repairs and installation work on the NET4GAS transmission system. It owns and operates specialised technology, which it uses to repair the transmission system and to ensure that it is always in a good operational condition.
The work carried out by the Asset Maintenance Department on the NET4GAS transmission system is concentrated on three main areas:
- repair, installation and assembly of specified “reserved gas facilities” (RGF) across the entire transmission system, i.e. border and national transfer stations, compressor stations and line components;
- operation and maintenance of existing technological corrosion protection equipment (CPE) in line with the applicable technical rules for the gas industry (TRG) and Czech standards, including performing minor repairs and replacements of damaged parts of CPE;
- operation and maintenance of the telemetry system and devices, checking the parameters and monitoring the technical condition of the telemetry equipment of the gas transmission system.
The Asset Maintenance Department carries out the following activities:
NET4GAS also offers the use of these technologies and the other services described above to outside entities, i.e. operators of networks for the transmission, distribution and storage of natural gas and oil. For more detail see the section Other Services.
- operation and maintenance, and monitoring and evaluation of the operational parameters of pipeline corrosion protection equipment,
- operation and maintenance of the telemetry system and devices, checking the parameters and monitoring the technical condition of the telemetry equipment of the gas transmission system,
- adjustment (setting) of regulating and pressure relief valves on regulation lines at border and national transfer stations,
- servicing ball valves and their control systems,
- controlled venting of pipelines - ensuring safe conditions for working with open flames,
- securing electrical power supply for welding units and high-frequency heating (a low profile motor-generator) at sites outside of electrified buildings on the gas system,
- pipeline repairs using Clock Spring technology, welding work,
- replacement of valves of all types and dimensions,
- replacement of parts of pipelines and accessory equipment, repair of defects and pipeline reconstruction, modification of piping to CS dimensions,
- welding of fittings for drilling and sealing work, including carrying out induction preheating,
- air compressor operation (cleaning pipes using compressed air at low pressure),
- earthworks and insulation work in pipeline protective zones,
- blasting, metallisation and insulation work on pipelines,
Ing. Pavel Kodada
Head of Asset Maintenance
T: +420 220 225 031